What happens when an ordinary runner decides to kick off his running shoes and explore the idea that running shoes could actually be bad for runners?
You can read his progress from day one.
- How sore do your feet become?
- How bad do those blisters get?
- Can you run — injury free — in shoes that cost less than your socks?
- Can you really run completely barefoot?
- And — maybe most interesting of all — is it possible that running barefoot can greatly reduce your chances of getting injured?
Find out what happens to this runner and others in our barefoot running diaries. You can also check out individual barefoot running diaries by selecting names from the category drop-down menu on the right.
If you are thinking about (or have just started) running barefoot then read this little note about recommendations first.
Also, take a few minutes to read these tips on barefoot running.
If you have just started, we’d love to hear from you, and also be very pleased if you could log your early progress here so that others can see how you get on, more info about contributing.
If you wish to post your barefoot progress on this site for all to see, please read these posting guidelines first.