- Total weekly miles
5 hours running, approximately 30 miles, plus 2 hours of swinging around in the forest at Go Ape this weekend, great fun!
- Number of running sessions
3 runs, 1 long, 2 of one hour each
- Total weekly barefoot miles
Again, none this week, for no real reason. I think part of it was being a bit nervous about returning to barefoot running before my soles had toughened up after my blister problems. But thinking about it, they never will unless I start running barefoot again! Right, back to barefoot (for few miles at least!) next week!
- Number of barefoot running sessions
- Running terrain
Mostly flat, on a mixture of pavement, dirt tracks and road.
- Ground surface of barefoot runs
- Runs in minimalist shoes, e.g. Five Fingers.
Back to lunas with leather laces for all my runs this week.
- Weather for barefoot runs (rain on road?)
- Condition of skin on feet — hotspots, blisters
Better. Apart from the thinish patch on my left foot, but as I said before, that’s not going to thicken by itself…
- Interesting/amusing comments received during the week: e.g. ‘You’ve got no shoes on!’
Lots of stares again.
- Treading on nasty things: e.g. glass, thorns, poo — how you dealt with any
- Changes in your running style that you’ve noticed.
None really. What I said last week still stands, I feel comfortable at this slow pace, and my running form is good.
- Injuries incurred, or reduction of existing symptoms.
Another twinge of TOFP, probably a hangover from my run in the Evos. Took a rest day when it appeared, but it felt fine for my long run the day after.
- Useful tips and nuggets of info you’ve picked up along the way.
None this week.