- Total weekly miles
Ok week this week. Around about 30 miles this week, in 4 and a half hours of running. I would have done more but I was away at a music festival this weekend just gone, so not much opportunity for running there!
- Number of running sessions
4 sessions, 2 runs of about one hour, one of 2 and a half hours, and one of 45 minutes when the heat got too much for me.
- Total weekly barefoot miles
About 4 miles of running barefoot this week, but I was barefoot for most of the weekend at the festival.
- Number of barefoot running sessions
- Running terrain
Mostly flat, on a mixture of pavement, dirt tracks and road.
- Ground surface of barefoot runs
Pavement and road.
- Runs in minimalist shoes, e.g. Five Fingers.
Lunas with leather laces for all my runs this week.
- Weather for barefoot runs (rain on road?)
Very hot and dry.
- Condition of skin on feet — hotspots, blisters
Fine. No problems.
- Interesting/amusing comments received during the week: e.g. ‘You’ve got no shoes on!’
Got a couple of looks at the festival for going around barefoot.
- Treading on nasty things: e.g. glass, thorns, poo — how you dealt with any
Nothing. Even at the festival there was nothing nasty to tread on, so long as you kept your eyes open.
- Changes in your running style that you’ve noticed.
None this week. The heat really got to me a couple of times though, I found it really difficult to keep my heart rate down.
- Injuries incurred, or reduction of existing symptoms.
- Useful tips and nuggets of info you’ve picked up along the way.
None this week.
A final note to say that this is my penultimate entry to this blog. Next week will be one year since I started keeping the blog, and while it’s been fun, I think that will be a good time to stop. I’ll add a few final thoughts about my transition to barefoot/minimalist running to the end of next week’s entry.